Sunday, October 5, 2008

Memoirs of CLM

Memories. Judging by how my sister looks (in green)... This photo has been taken at least 6 years ago.

We were on our way home from the Aglipayan Central Theological Seminary in Urdaneta, Pangasinan. That's me at the end of the jeepney with my co-dancers in the Committee of Liturgy and Music


We went there to both practice and teach our dances in preparation for the Philippine Independent Church's Centennial Celebration.

It was a great experience. Going out of town with my peers, staying in a seminary, teaching kids the dances - considering they're used to speaking a different dialect!

The seminary. Humbling. (At least for someone who was used to getting her way). We stayed in Fr. Nixon's place there and we had to be up when the church bell rings or else we'll be too late for breakfast and breakfast does not wait. It was either that or the day starts with a grumbling tummy.

It was all tiring but definitely worth it. The turnout was amazing!

The dances at the Quirino Grandstand were amazing! Who knew I'd ever have anything to do with the great stage's backstage?

This is Fr. Larry with my dancer-bessy, Ryan (in the very daring costume).
I'm there somewhere... Singing the Lupang Hinirang. If you have microscopic eyes, I'm in green.
The Apo Dios. The music of this dance still hums in my head.

The Centennial was a three-day celebration. We stayed at the IFI Cathedral in United Nation's Ave., Manila.

______________

++ Photos from the IFI website and my cousin's Multiply.

No comments:

Post a Comment